La Mia Vita a Firenze

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Il Inizio Della Mia Avventura

I arrived this past Monday in London with my Mom and sister. I know the airport is supposed to make me feel better about flying but the hour wait in the check-in line and the complete search of my carryon seemed a bit much.The plane ride was one of my longest with a total of 9 hours and 30 minutes. I am sure you all have beat me since have of you have been
to asia and beyond. I am not quite what you may call a "world traveler." The flight was long, stuffy and bumpy. I watched a bout 5 episodes of Grey's Anatomy, 4 episodes of Entourage and "Just My Luck" with Lindsay Lohan. To be honest, I think I went insane. London was a jolly good time and I saw all those sites like tower bridge, big ben, london bridge, the london eye, etc, etc. I actually really enjoyed London because it was so easy and almost familiar. The tube was fantastic and I pretty much went all over London for two days exploring around and visiting my cousin and friends who are studying
abroad there with another program. I saw "Billy Elliott" the musical which made you laugh, cry and say 'what the hell?/are these british jokes supposed to make sense?'

We left a few days ago for Milan. Let me just say that when the pilot welcomes you to the flight with saying that one set of brakes arent working so don't mind the loud and scary noises that one would usually FREAK OUT. However, I held it in and we made it safely but it was a very shady plane ride for being British Airways. We were in Milan for about an hour and have seen nothing but the airport and my hotel room. But really all I was concerned with is this free wi-fi. booo yah. The trip to Firenze was a bit taxing with an hour bus ride to the train station and a 3 hour train ride.

I have now been in Firenze for about 3 days and am in love with it already. I am living with a good friend, Amanda. I do not think I could have gotten luckier. We are living really near the Stanford center and from my window we can see San Croce. It seems to be a great place to live since its very close to the bars. My host Mom's name is Rossana and is a very warm woman who is nothing but smiles. She serves endless food to us since the custom in Italy is to have 2 courses plus either antipasti or dolci. The apartment is never ending and has very high ceilings. I also got a language partner that will be a great resource here for the night life. He speaks perfect English so I wont be much of a help to him.

Our Bing trip this quarter is to Napoli, Pompei and the coast of Amalfi. I am sure it won't disappoint. My foot is doing okay and I have mastered explaining what happened in Italian. Only a week until the boot come off!

Mom and Maria are still in Italia. They are visitng Sienna today and then coming back to Firenze to have dinner with my host family Sunday night. This will probably be very interesting considering my host mother speaks little English and Mom and Maria speak almost no Italian.

I will be posting more later with more play-by-plays and observations! This Blog is noting special but I hope to keep you all updated:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home